Friday, September 17, 2010

How Did I Do? Week 1 - So much hope...

In my last post I described the draft process and my overall feeling of confidence in my choices.

There are two things I learned last year when I played FF:
1. You have no control over what happens.
2. Anything can happen.

It is one of the reasons why I *love* fantasy football. I am a total control freak and FF teaches me a lot about giving up control.

Back to my team's performance during Week 1:

My QBs:
- Flacco (BAL) - Played the Jets and was sacked on the first play. He made 5 pts for me. Most QBs make at least 10 pts - the great ones make 20+ pts. Oh well - everyone predicted it.
- Stafford (DET) - Suffered a shoulder injury and will be out for at least a few weeks. He made 1 pt. I am glad I played Flacco. But, so much for my QB committee (see previous post)

My RBs:
- Jones-Drew (JAX) - Did fine, but no TD.
- Ryan (GB) - Major injury, is out for the entire season. (Ahhh! He is one of my starters!)
- Stewart (CAR) - Saw little playing time
- Brown (IND) - Saw little playing time

My WRs:
- Moss (NE) - Rarely saw the ball. Watched the other WR on the team score multiple TDs.
- Smith (NYG) - Rarely saw the ball. Watched the other WR on the team score multiple TDs.
- Crabtee (SF) - Rarely saw the ball. Is in the doghouse with his coach and teammates
- Britt (TEN) - Rarely saw the ball. Is in the doghouse with his coach.
- Hester (CHI) - Saw the ball once. I was not even sure he was playing at one point.

TE:  Finley (GB) - His QB was intercepted trying to throw him the play the first play, rarely saw the ball after that.
DEF: Green Bay - Did well. Go DEF!
K: Tynes (NYG) - Did okay, spent most of the game kicking 1 pointers - but I will take it.

Are you noticing any trends? Potential problems? Man, it was bad. NONE of my players scored a TD. I lost to my opponent by 50+ points. In all fairness she is the reining champion and has Peyton Manning as her QB. But, it still hurt to watch my great team fall apart on Week 1.

And, then my No. 1 WR Moss gets on camera and complains about how no one appreciates him. Why did I draft this PIA?  Oh yeah, he is unbelievably talented.

Now, some of this will work it self out. But - I have to take care of these injuries ASAP.

Time to go to the Waiver Wire. That is where the un-owned, free agents live until you are in a tight spot or one of them does unexpectedly well in the game and you now want them.  I scoured the wire last year after every game. I ended up with a team that looked like the Island of Misfit Toys - but I did get into the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment