Saturday, September 25, 2010

Is It Sunday Yet? Getting ready for Week 3

I am sitting at the bottom of my league's rankings (I am 12 out of 12!) and I *really* need a win this week.

I must admit that I was in a state of panic after last week's lost and was ready to go to the waiver wires and completely change my team. But, I decided to take a deep breath and have a little faith in My Guys.

By the way, people who play FF often refer to players they drafted on to their team as Their Guys. You will know a FF player in a minute if they point to an actual football player on the TV screen and say "That's my guy" - as if they actually pay the player's salary. My partner has to put up with this behavior every Sunday. I am consistently saying things like: "Why doesn't he throw it to My Guy?" "Is My Guy even playing?" and "Oh man, that went to Her Guy!" Yes, she puts up with a lot.

It is important that I point out here that none of us own any players and, so, we have no control over what they do. Even if we act like we do...

Case it point: The Vincent Jackson saga.

I drafted Vincent Jackson, the WR on the San Diego Chargers. I thought I was being really clever. As some of you know, VJ is a gifted WR who got into hot water with a DUI and with his team's owner AJ Smith. You can read more about it in the San Diego Tribune.

Anyway, VJ has to sit on the bench until Week 7...unless....the Chargers traded him to another team by 4 pm ET last Wednesday. If that happened then VJ could play as early as Week 5. I picked him up thinking that he could be traded to a team like the Vikings. I daydreamed about him catching long passes from Favre and everyone patting me on the back for having picked him up.

But, guess what happened? Yep, AJ did not trade VJ. And VJ is mad...and who knows if he will play..so, I sent him back to FF limbo, the waiver wire.

But, I picked up the San Diego RB Tobert and it looks like he is going to play this week because the main RB Ryan Matthews is out with sprained ankle. I also dropped my third QB Young (who made -2 pts last week. Ouch!) for Broncos WR Desmaryius Thomas who is really tall and caught the ball last week.

Here is my starting lineup this week..

QB:
McNabb (yes, Flacco is on the bench)
RBs:
Jones-Drew (let hope he lives up to Stud status)
Tolbert (SD loves to run the ball)

WRs:
Moss (and he is play against the Bills, so he should score)
Smith (I really need Eli to find him in the end zone)
Thomas (yes, I am benching Crabtree)

TE:
Finley (he is go-to guy for me)

DEF:
Green Bay

K:
Tynes (they say he is going to do well this week)

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment