Friday, September 17, 2010

Is it Sunday yet? Getting ready for Week 2

Okay - Week 1 was a disaster. But after many changes to my line up, I am feeling renewed. (And, my blog has now officially caught up with my progress so far...so you will not get another blog from me for a few days).

After many fast email exchanges with my consultants - my dad and my oldest brother - I made the following changes:

- I dropped RB Ryan (he's gone, there is nothing we can do about it!) and picked up his backup B. Jackson
- I dropped RB Brown and picked up QB Young TEN
- Then, QB McNabb became available. I dropped QB Stafford and took McNabb. Do I need three QBs? No. But I am in panic mode. (I cannot lose 6 times again!)
- I also decided to let go of WR Britt and pick up WR Nate Washington because he seems to have his job now.
- And...when the news came out about WR Vincent Jackson. I could not resist! I dropped Hester for him. We will see how that turns out. I may have another Moss situation on my hands.

As you can see I love the waiver wire and I have to tinker. This may be my undoing...

I am ready for Week 2!

My starters:
QB: Flacco (I don't trust McNabb yet)

RBs:
Jones-Drew (one of my studs!)
B. Jackson (he is playing the Bills and even I am a realist)

WRs:
Moss (yes, I know about Revis Island)
Smith (he is still the go-to guy)
Crabtree (I'm giving him one more chance)

TE: Finley (again, they are playing the Bills)
DEF: Green Bay (I have a lot of GB on my team)
K: Tynes (he should do okay)

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Fantasy Football Gal --

    This blog is awesome! (Like you) Love it.. Looking forward to following you thru the season.

    -robbie-g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, RobbieG. You are the best too! I hope you don't mind me adding a link to your site of wonderful photographs (see Links: Other Cool Stuff).

    ReplyDelete